Skip to main content

Reply to "How will you teach hitting?"

MT07LHP,
Nice swing. You lower half does a good job of "flowing" through your swing and never stopping your rhythm. Upper body stay inside the baseball pretty well. You may have pulled the front shoulder out just a hair premature, but it was minor if you did. Where was the pitch? It looked as if inside half? I would just recommend trusting your hands a bit more allowing your swing to finish more towards R-CF instead of RF. That will give you a cleaner finish and more leverage due to the arms extending through the ball.
PG,
I see what you are saying on the front leg. It appeared that way to me in regular speed, but when slowed down, it locks at a pretty good time in the swing. He did appear in game speed to lock it a bit early though. Good observation.
Shep,
I believe that the recoil you saw was a result of him trying to get out of the box too quickly and not finishing his swing (aka Ichiro). The shoulders do start to get a little loud towards the end of his swing, but when slowing the video down, he stays through the ball pretty well and it doesn't appear he pulls off so much as to initiate a recoil. If you will go to the end of the clip and then step back 8 frames, you will see that he gets through the ball well. Then on the next frame, either he starts to get out of the box before finishing or he is not real flexible in his back and his swing finishes pre-maturely due to that. You are right though...in most players, using the upper body to generate the bat speed will incur a recoil.
Great stuff here guys!