Skip to main content

Reply to "How would you rank the D1 programs in Virginia?"

Originally Posted by VaBaseball1919:

Here's hoping for a great weekend for our Virginia schools in the Regionals. I think Radford has a tough draw in Nashville but they have a team of older kids and I don't think the spotlight will overwhelm them…and I think they have a good shot against Indiana with Boyles on the mound. 

VCU gets a tough draw. Dallas Baptist has arms, bats…the whole deal. Plus they may be smarting by not getting a national seed, even with the #2 RPI. Plus, Texas (CWS last year) and Oregon State (should have hosted) lie in the weeds. I don't have much hope for a good showing from VCU - but will be pulling for them.

I think Virginia got a great draw. Neutral site, weak #1 seed in UCSB. To me, Southern Cal is the team to beat in that region. SDSU and UCSB have one big arm a piece - and they will be pitching on Day 1. If Va can get by the Men of Troy in game 1, I think they win and advance. They are a resilient bunch and I just feel like they have a good run left in them.

It's going to be a great weekend!

After these pre-tournament prognostications, it's safe to say I know nothing about college baseball.