Skip to main content

Reply to "How you view the money spent"

I walked in a sporting goods store the other day just to look around. Of course I went over to the baseball section to look at some bats. As I looked around I saw the football section. All I could think of was my oldest son who is a freshman in college this year playing football. I thought about all the stuff I had bought him over the years. Cleats , elbow pads etc etc. I thought about the day I dropped him off for college. I asked him if he needed anything for football. He told me no that they were taking care of everything he needed. It made me sad. I wanted to buy him something. I wanted to give him something. I personally dread the day that my youngest will not need a new bat or a glove. The look on their faces when you give them that new bat is priceless. They cant wait to go break it in. I dont want to think about the day that I wont have to buy my kids bats or gloves. It brings me as much joy if not more than them. The cost of bats or gloves or anything else will never come close to matching the joy of watching my sons play the games that they love.