Skip to main content

Reply to "HS BA for Players Hoping To Play College"

I have never been asked one time by a college coach what a kid is hitting when they are recruiting them. Not once. They see them swing it and they like the mechanics , bat speed , power etc. They ask me if the kid can hit. They ask me how he hits the good pitching we see. In a 24 game season a kid can light up the clown pitching and go 0 for against the quality pitchers and hit .400. It depends on the calibre of the competition you play against and the quality of the league you play in. Usually they see a kid at a showcase event or a camp and then follow up on them. Or they get a call from a coach or scout about the kid. Ive had kids that were 400 plus hitters in HS that were overmatched against upper 80's velocity. Ive had kids that hit .300 for the year and lit up quality pitching. You show me a college coach that is going to put his career at risk based upon stats that someone else has compiled with the wide range of competition at the HS level, and Ill show you a coach that will be looking for a job real soon.