Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Baseball Pre-season Parent Meetings"

We had ours already, these are my take aways:

1. No outside lessons or Travel ball while HS is in season, we want one voice in your kids head, not an overpaid instructor telling him we are teaching him wrong and not to listen to us.

2.  This is not pay to play, I don't have to play your son, he has to earn it.

3. Don't bring anything to the dugout that you don't want split 20 ways. I will provide water and they will be fed before every game.

4. JV is the training ground for future varsity, I will send down Varsity guys now and then to knock the rust off if they aren't getting playing time on Varsity.

5. Here are the pitch count rules for Georgia, I don't like them, here are my lower pitch count rules.

6. Here are the school breaks, here are our games and practices during these breaks, don't make plans to leave that week.

7. This is what I expect the players to wear, that I have provided.  Here is a link to the baseball store if you want to get another set.

8. We need sponsors, here are the forms, here is our VP to give examples of how best to use these forms. Also to talk about the other volunteer committees and your concession stand obligation and fees for the season.

9. Here are all our coaches, here is their background.

10. If your kid has a problem with his playing time he needs to talk to me.  We will discuss it, I will not discus his playing time with you the parent.  If my discussion with the player doesn't satisfy you we will hold a meeting with the player, the parent, every coach that is available that day, and the athletic director.

11. While it is sometimes obvious to us, IF your child has an injury that they are not telling us about please send me an email, or text, or call.  You will find my number in the packet here.  We don't play hurt players, here is our athletic trainer that we share with the lacrosse and soccer team to explain about that. (insert list of doctors that will see a player within 24 hours)

12. Here is our practice days and times.

13. Here are our game schedules, we have buses on these days, we don't on these days.  Yu can see the JV season ends on 4/1, I will be pulling up some of the JV players to finish the Varsity season out until mid May.

14. If it rains we will have JV have a study hall from 3:30-5, while Varsity hits, since most of them drive to school.  JV will then hit at 5. We don't cancel due to rain.

15.  I'll be spending a lot of time with your son.  I will treat him like my own, and that means getting onto him when he's being a knucklehead.  If he says I yelled at him he's probably telling the truth, but I also love them like my own, so remember that.