Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Baseball Pre-season Parent Meetings"

ironhorse posted:

So Johnny gets in trouble for a picture with one beer?

What about passed out drunk at a party?

What about drunk at a school function?

What about smoking one joint? 

What about holding a joint in a picture but not smoking it?

What about prescription pills?

What about cocaine?

What about sexual assault? (I mean, we're "remembering what high school kids are like", right?)

It may seem like a "real world" policy, but the real world has a slightly detailed penal code and judges and lawyers and due process and blah, blah, blah.

I have trouble convincing parents that they're kid hitting.118 with 20 K's shouldn't start at 1b. You think I 'm going to spend days and weeks creating a sliding scale policy of offenses that most adults have different views on anyway? And then when a kid gets in trouble try and explain the parents and the kids in the program why one offense is better or worse than another? No thanks.

If you're dumb enough to have pictures of yourself on social media doing illegal things that's on you.

>I have trouble convincing parents that they're kid hitting.118 with 20 K's shouldn't start at 1b.<

We have the opposite problem.  Coaches brother hitting .118 with 20k's starting DH and when he gets his 21st K watching in the playoffs to end the gam, the HC throws baseballs at the umpires, while parents scream and follow umpires to the parking lot