Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Baseball Verses Select"

quote:
Originally posted by downandout:
There are some VERY knowledgable people on this board and I need some advice on whether or not to let my kid play ball in high school. I have an incoming freshman that has trained hard and currently plays on a high end Texas select team. After all these years of working hard to get better, is it even necesary to play HS ball if your school program is lousy. No offense to the school but we have English teachers coaching our JV team. Do you really even need to let your kid go into an environment with no instruction if your goal is to play D1 or D2 baseball? Thanks

In the hierarchy of coaching/teaching, I'm at the top of the rankings because I teach Social Studies. Heck, those English Teachers are out there "learning dem kids nutin." On a serious note, high school ball will be exactly what you want it to be. If can be of great benefit if... It seems to me, you already have your answer. Therefore, if I were you and I suspected that my child is in danger, then ACT LIKE A PARENT AND REMOVE YOUR CHILD. As a coach, I'd support you 100%. If you were at my school, I'd prefer that you do so. A child becomes torn between their loyalty to their coach and their love of their parents. Why do that to them. My humble advice is that if you can't support the coach and school team, TAKE YOUR SON OFF. JMHO!
Last edited by CoachB25