Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach doctors stats - do anything?"

It really doesn't matter how college coaches view statistics. There is a big difference between bad judgement or poor scoring and purposely cooking the books.

Not sure I understand why hits by one player would be changed to another player.  Even if a coach changed things, why would he take something away from another player?  Why not just give the player an extra hit or two without taking it away from someone else?  That wouldn't be honest either, but the other way pisses me off a lot more.  No kid deserves that type of treatment.  Kids and their parents do care about stats, that is enough reason by itself to be honest about it.  Bottom line, fairness should be important!

All that said, still not sure it is worth all the potential problems to bring it up.  You could be 100% right and still be viewed the villian.  For me, I think it would have to be enough that I know that the coach lacks integrity.  Though if I knew someone else that was effected by all of this, I would try to get them to complain.