Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach won't play son"

Originally Posted by Everyday Dad:
Originally Posted by Golfman25:
Not to get bogged down into calculations and such, but the reality is the backups are getting less and less opportunities to prove themselves.  They just need to be ready when called. 

And BA and OBP mean very little to the coach if he's not squaring up and barreling the ball.

My suggestion for fast track to PT.

HIT HIT HIT. And I mean hit. Not bloops, not walks, HIT

He gets one AB? He better produce. Or he will sit.

I mentioned in one of my posts about starting to hear some parents chirp about playing time now that we have settled into conf. play.  Im sure I will start hearing about my sons hitting the last two games.  O for 3 w/walk last night 0 for 2 w/2walks game before.  If you looked at his BA you would say he's only an average hitter.  What the BA does not show is the pitcher pitching 50 MPH two games ago.  Kid was way out in front of the ball.  He knows it, the coach knows it.  He was one of the few kids to actually put the ball into play.  Last night he went 0 for again.  He was hitting the snot out of the ball.  2 kids made exceptional plays to keep my kid off base.  As my son said. "sometimes you just hit them right at the kids; dad".  

Yet the other kids, whose parents will chirp,  strike out at bat.  My kids average is probably the same as some of theirs at this point, but he only has 2 Ks on the season.   He was hitting .698 before he went into the 2 game slump.

Last edited by joes87