Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach won't play son"

BBDAD98 posted:

Your right as a coach I worry about my pitches feelings over getting the runners out. SMH. Serously you are right, everything was his fault. The curve balls that went behind the batters back to the back stop, totally his fault. His catching coach at the club even told him it would be before the season started. My son was not ready for that much blame. Someone mentioned if my son took fielding practice. Last year i went to most practices sence they were an hour and a half and it was 30 minutes home. Last year he stood next to the coach and gave him balls as he hit them. He went to the OF once, no lie got one fly ball and dropped it, never a 2nd chance. He got 3 ground balls at SS and did a good job. They never practiced catchers, ever. The pitchers never threw a bullpen last year. We had 19 kids on the team, a couple POs and some kids were so bad they never played at all once they had a shot, but you could see at practice and tryouts they didn't have it. This year's fielding practice is much improved. He gets 5 ground balls in outfield and 5 fly balls as well. He has done well sense I have been hitting him fly balls on all of his off days, so that he stays good so he will not drop another in front of the coach.

I'm not sure of your tone here, so I will reserve most of my comments until I reread it a few more times.

However, I can tell you that it's a bad idea to hang around practice. Really bad. If a parent is watching consistently, a few thoughts are going to go through a coach's mind, and none of them are good.