Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach won't play son"

Thank you for your input sincerely. None of this is made up. I am not delusional, sorry. I know that would make you feel better. I found it hard to believe it was all happening as well. This is the best Baseball school around with a good academic record. People move here and find other loop holes just to come to this school. We have over 100 kids tryout for 55 spots. The other near by schools are lucky to fill 2 teams, we have 3. The talent here is so much better than the other 2 that we nearly run rule them every time we play. Those schools are playing at a rec level were as this team might be AA travel. With of course a mixture of very talented will play college to why did that person make the team. I have not spoken to the coach because it would never end well. Even if I got the coach to play him, my son might have a off day and then the coach would have a good reason. Or he would hold a gruge and never play him for spite. Is my son a super star? No. But he is out hitting their studs that THEY compare him to. He can make the throw from RF to 3rd or home on a line and the others do not. Their are tools to baseball that they look for and my son does a good job of using them. He was always the smaller kid on teams fighting for playing time. What he did have and still has is speed and a great work ethic. He worked on his mechanics in throwing, hitting, and cathing to make up the size disadvantage. It turned into him hitting as many homeruns as the big kids with the jacked up swings and throwing as hard as the kids hurting their arm throwing the same speed. He ended up being one of the biggest kids his 11u and 12u season because of a growth spurt. He is now small again and just as capable of out playing the larger guys who have no training. He is ready to play now. Those guys should wait and practice hard. My son has worked hard and doesn't want to wait while the other guys get better or not. Does that make sense? He had to wait and get better now its the opposite. I know life is not fair, work harder and show the coach without a doubt and if he still don't play you then you learned a life leason that sometimes your boss sucks. I have repeated these things, but it does not make it easier to swallow for him or me. He has risen above little playing time before. Being the best on the team and never played more than half of the innings he move to the cross town rival travel team and earn a spot in RF batting leadoff after the first tournament. Played amazing all year and help beat his old team. His old coach asked him to come back after his season and he did and started CF batting leadoff the whole next year if he wasn't pitching or catching. Why did it take all that to see that you should play someone? I know lifes not fair, work hard, see it all works out in the end yada yada. Thanks again for your opinions. I like venting it makes me feel better.