Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach won't play son"

Buckeye i am trying to tell you these freshman and some sophomore guys my son plays with would not make the major travel teams. They are rec allstar players except for the few that did travel from a different town. I am not stating that my son should be on varsity, i am stating how crazy it is to move them up and not take him as well. None should be going up. They are not ready. If they happen to see a reason to not play my son on JV then he said he would rather be on freshman instead of dealing with this BS. The last time he played at east cobb we played 4 east cobb teams and lost to the titans and beat the other 3 last year. When he was 13. He had 9 AB with four hits, 1 single, 1 double, and 2 hr batting leadoff, 5 rbi, 3 runs, 2 walks, 2 ks, and 2 stolen bases. We beat the other teams pretty easy and lost to the titans by 1 point extra innings. He has committed to a team that invited him to play up at the 15u level, but looking at their schedule they will play in 16u wood bat tournaments and will travel as far as Lakeland FL. He tried out and made an Eastcobb 14u which would have been extremely hard for us to travel that far but they were considered their 2nd best team eastcobb offered and after the best team and 2nd team lost some players they reorganized and he was out. Thats what I was told. It all sounded strange but he moved on and made two other major teams and when he was choosing which one the 15u team coach slash owner called. My son has wanted to play for him. So he looks forward to earning that spot were he knows the talent is good and he will need to bring his A game. We have talked about this and he accepts the challenge to play with a good team. I love it that you guys don't believe me. I can't make this stuff up. Whether you like me or not or think my kid can play doesn't matter to me, because this is for real.