Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach won't play son"

Sorry. But it is called holding someone accountable. He did not attack anyone. He wanted to know about the signs and who had the bag and high long leg lifts as a pitcher and so forth. He was on more than one team that held each other accountable. It was not mean it was do your job, if you don't know how someone will help you. He was told not to yell anything from behind the plate anymore. Guess what all of the catchers do this year, hold each other accountable and yell stuff. He was told to stop cheering, so he did, this year coach wants everyone in the game cheering. This year someone missed a sign and stole and got out. They ran poles for their error. So it is about ego the coach knew he was right. My son has had many coaches from Soccer, football, track, baseball, and basketball and i have heard many praise him for his leadership and super competitiveness. Football coaches have loved the way he leads as QB and middle line backer in middle school. I get it he is not for everyone, fine don't hold him down and make him miserable. He is a good kid, and I try to help him navigate his teenage testosterone anger and he does good. Is social security an entitlement or is it some thing you worked for? He is not entitled he wants to earn it at a reasonable price. He just wants to hit and play the field. Coach said if you hit you can play. Some batting .100 still starting. He is not looking to be on any team that doesn't want him to play. If he has to move down he would. The coaches send mix signals about what it takes to get playing time or move up. Thats what it boils down to. They don't like some kids for differnent reasons. Some kids can improve, my son will most likely not improve the coach liking him. You can't make someone like you. You just can't.