Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach won't play son"

Matt13 posted:
FoxDad posted:

Cabbage -

Regards to #1 - We have only heard one side of the story (the OP) and not the coach.  There must be some truth to what he posted, but I'm not totally convinced the coach is "the problem".  How many times has a disgruntled parent posted similar concerns on this board?  And parents (myself included) tend to have a bias (the rose colored glasses thing).

#2 - The OP has two options.  A) try to get the coach replaced, but that will be a time consuming process and won't necessarily result in more playing time for the player involved.  B) Find another school to transfer to, but depending on the state league rules, that has its own pitfalls.  In my state (VHSL), in most cases it involves said student sitting for a year before being allowed to participate in any sport.

C) Recognize that his focus on what everyone else is doing wrong (in his eyes) has been passed down to his son and there's a learning opportunity for both here. 

Yeah, that about sums it up... I think a few missed that my questions were rhetorical.