Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach won't play son"

Update: Take it how you guys want. My son finished HS JV with over .400 avg highest on the team, 50 AB and DH in the 8 and 2 hole and was awarded MVP for all of his offensive efforts. He played 6 total innings of defense in 16 games. His end of the year meeting was positive with one constructive criticism. He was told that he did not play Varsity and that he will not make it to the next level because of his throwing motion. 6 boys from JV and 1 boy from our freshman team were called up to Varsity to play the last 4 games of the season and to play in the playoffs, we made it to round 2. My son and I watch from the bleachers, he was not called up. He made a .500 team for summer ball with a good organization and college coach. He was lead off and starting CF, he made 3 amazing throws home to stop a runner or gun them out. My son was 14 and played up on a 15U team and the team played up in 16U wood bat PG tournaments. He was looked up to as a leader by the players and coach, which surprised him, he humbly told them I'm only 14 and a JV player.  My son had a great wood bat season batting just under .400 avg. He lead the team in avg, and hits and was in the top three for OBP, steals, and others according to PG Diamond Kast. He made 4 All Tournament teams at PG. He had right at 90 AB. He also pitched and was throwing 78-82 mph which was a personal record for him. He had a blast this summer with his travel coach and team and I hope he can continue that with his HS career. He is currently taking the fall off to workout and work on that throwing motion that is killing his HS career.