Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach won't play son"

BBDAD98 posted:

The coach didn't say they don't matter to him, he said that they did not matter. He might have meant to say not to him. I can give him the benefit of doubt. Question if you had 9 of your HS players in PG wood bat tournaments over the summer across 3 teams and they played the same age and same weeks and you told them you would follow them. Would it matter then? Would it matter that you had players doing very well, some average and some doing poorly? Would it matter that you get to see how your hitters and pitchers do against better competition if you plan to go deep into the HS playoffs and you know already that you have the weakest schedule? You already know the HS region comp stinks until you reach playoffs. If none of that matters then fine it is whoever's opinion. The wood bat helps the BBCOR bat swing. The wood bat is less forgiving therefore if you can hit with wood you will hit with the BBCOR and since the BBCOR is more forgiving you should get even more hits. My son adjusted very well moving to all wood bat tournaments because it was something he practiced since he was 12. But again you can disagree. I am just trying to prepare my son for the next level. Side note my son did fix his weird throwing motion in the off season. He use to throw on a line and on target but he was putting extra stress on his shoulder. Now he throws faster 85 from 72 but with a decrease in accuracy. Which should improve with practice. 

Again, I am not getting into your specific situation.  I'm talking more in generalities.  

If you're talking about baseball stats.  Batting Average, ERA, etc, he is correct they don't matter.  What matters to the colleges are measurable.  Things like Batted Ball Exit Velo,  Position throwing velocity, 40 yard speed, and then the eye test (do they play like the coach would like them to play).