Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach won't play son"

A couple things?  1) How did the coach know to say "PG summer stats don't matter"?  Please don't tell me that your son told him.   2) You're not seriously advocating that your son would use wood in a HS season over BBCOR?    My son hit very, very good with wood....probably as good as he did with metal as far as average and power over 3 seasons of top level summer ball....but he would NEVER have considered using it in a game situation.  Sure, balls that are hit well are pretty close to equal, but balls that are mishit with BBCOR can still in some cases end up getting thru....balls that are mishit with wood are ground outs.   I guess I can understand your frustration with the HS coach, but your arguments so far (PG stats, etc, etc) aren't proving why he is wrong...just proving that you are way too into stats.   If your son is looking to play in college....I would start now....and wipe every stat you know about him out of your head.  College coach's don't care....AT ALL.    You could hit .750 in HS....but if you hit nothing but hard ground balls that get thru the hole between 1st and 2nd you're not getting a sniff from a college coach.   Again, your HS coach may be wrong....but trying to use meaningless stats to prove your point is only digging a deeper hole for your son to dig out of if he wants to play varsity