Skip to main content

Reply to "HS coach won't play son"

What I see is a poster/parent perfectly willing to talk about other players and throw them under the bus. It’s the worst kind of parent a coach has to deal with. It’s a parent who lacks character. They talk about other players and are willing to tear them down to build up their son. The kids of these kinds are parents grow up hanging around the water cooler at work complaining about their boss and other people’s promotions. It’s because it’s what they were taught.

i looked back to see where this part of the post started. Your son didn’t start on the middle school team. You complained to the coach. Your son doesn’t start as a high school freshman on JV. You’re complaining again. I see a trend. Prepare yourself for the harsh reality. Ready? Your son isn’t very good and you’re the only one who can’t see it. Or, you’re such a PITA coaches don’t want anything to do with you or your son. Chances are all the complaining you’re doing about the coach is getting back to him.

Back when my son played JV as a freshman there was a parent complaining to everyone who didn’t run away her son had the top batting average on JV and the coach was a jerk for only playing him part of the time. The coach knew the kid had no future. The kid only played against the worst pitching so he could feel the the thrill of success before being cut after soph year.

The coach was doing the kid a favor. And the parent ripped the coach for two years. That is until she moved on to ripping the varsity coach for cutting her son with the high JV batting average.

Last edited by RJM