Skip to main content

Reply to "*"

@BOF posted:

In addition be careful for what you are getting into. You could sit on the bench for 3 years on a SoCal powerhouse HS team, but be a key player on a "lesser" program and get lots of playing time. (and exposure) If you are a HS draft pick talent then by all means go for it, if not be careful. My son was the  3 hole batter, for three years and No 1 pitcher for two on a competitive HS program -  if he had gone to one of the powerhouse SoCal HS programs he would have played but he would not have been their number 1 pitcher and likely hit down in the order.

What BOF said is so true.  For my son it was the jump from HS to college though.  Son did not play at a P5 or a powerhouse from D1, though he did play at a very good D1 university that a made it to the CWS final 8.  Could he have played every game and received the accolades at a P5 that he did at his college....possibly (he didn't receive any offers from P5 so moot point).  He wanted to get a chance to play every game, get a great education, and see where that may lead.  He received much exposure because he was at the right place, at the right time, with the right program that fitted him.  If you have the tools you will be noticed, but first you have to be given the opportunity to be out there, not "learning" from the bench as a freshman or sophomore.  Nobody can take away a great education, whereas baseball has so many variables.  I've seen majority of the high schools you have mentioned in the conference and they all have great baseball programs.  Best of luck.