Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Player on the cover of Sports Illustrated"

StrainedOblique posted:
Steve A. posted:

He is a "phenom," no doubt. "Phenom: a person who is outstandingly talented or admired. Especially an up and comer." If you remove the parents, Coaching & support and the kids desire and will, you would never have heard his name. He would be the big, raw kid throwing 88 in HS.

In addition. 6'4" & athletically gifted in HS is not all that uncommon. You are suggesting that the arm was a magical gift from heaven. I disagree. It was there to be cultivated as are many that go uncultivated. The circumstances aligned for him & he has taken full advantage, to his great credit.

This is incorrect. Pitching lessons by the best guys available might give you maybe a 3-4 mph jump...maybe . More like 2 mph. A stride adjustment . Maybe some weighted balls , Long toss. But you do not throw 102 from coaching ......That notion is absolutely incorrect.

No, coaching can absolutely do it! I can get ANY kid to 102mph with my patented, secret weighted ball/long toss/belt program. I GUARANTEE it! 11 yo Joey from Baltimore was throwing 45mph when he came to me. By the end of the summer he was SITTING 101mph!!! Imagine. This can be your kid! All I need is a $1,000 deposit and I ONLY charge a paltry $250/HR! That's it! A bargain when you consider the bonuses they're paying now in the draft. So, just bring him to me. I live in a van...down by the river!