Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Player on the cover of Sports Illustrated"

PGStaff posted:

We have had a chance to get to know Hunter very well.  He is the total package, very unusual in a very good way.

His ceiling is extremely high and his chances of reaching it are excellent.  Is he a natural? Absolutely!  Is he a hard worker and dedicated?  Absolutely!  Does he come from a great family? You bet!  His makeup is off the charts.

I hope he becomes the superstar we think he will be.  He is going to be really good for baseball.  Hoping the Twins pick him with the first pick.  If so, he will be in Cedar Rapids playing at Perfect Game Field, probably next year.

My only point is simply this. I dislike the term natural. I feel it takes away from the work & misleads people about what it really took for this kid to become who he is. If you subtract the "hard worker and dedicated; great family and makeup" from this equation, are we still talking about this kid on the cover of SI or not? Absolutely no way.

I suggest his will & makeup have put him over the top. To simply focus on his physical gifts misses the real story. That's all. You have seen enough with tremendous talent & gifts go nowhere to understand what I am talking about.