Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Showcases % playing college baseball"

Justbaseball;

For 19 years of the Area Code Games [1987-2004], we were pro oriented, because I allowed the scouts to select the players for the tryouts and the games.

However, occasionally I receive a name from our International Trips to China, Australia, Japan or Korea of a player who exhibited tools and skills with a strong makeup.

We missed many players who are now in the Major Leagues or with strong college programs. Our college rate was close to 100%, because if the player can play professional baseball in the eyes of the pro scout, he can play college baseball.

It is my belief that there is a college program for every player who is realistic and prepares himself by "working harder".

Perfect Game has filled the void with their many ID showcases and the National Tournaments. This was not my objective.

My objective was and is to train our American players to compete in International competition against the best players in the World.

From Matt Williams, Torii Hunter, Nomar, Jim Edmonds, Albert Pujois to Delmon Young and Scott Kazmir, I think, we have been successful.

Enjoy the game, study the "inside game of baseball" and have fun.

Bob Williams
Founder of the Area Code Games