Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Spring Break Trips"

quote:
Originally posted by BBLEFTY21:
lakes is going down to play @normal, highland, and troy triad .....a waste of time if you ask me for 3 days and only 3 games...the weather still may be sketchy down there.

That appears to be a nice 3 day likely low cost trip that the kids will enjoy regardless if it's Central & southern IL. Sure, it doesn't have the glitz of a week trip down in FL but I'm sure the Eagles coaching staff and the players did the best they could with what they had. The weather would be iffy no matter where you went unless you went to AZ or CA and it is still potentially a great chance for players to bond more on the longer bus trips of 6 hours towards STL than holding indoor practices over Spring Break because the weather in Lake Villa is still miserable.

I applaud these trips as it's a great chance for teams to come together, see different areas of the state, and play against different talent. If Lakes would've played Highland last year, they would've faced Jake Odorizzi who's prob. the best IL HS player since Cliff Floyd (my apologies to Honel).