Skip to main content

Reply to "HS state championship rings?"

I've seen rings for HS State Championships. Nearby school recently got them and they were big.

I totally get the "not going to wear it or care after HS." But, when that indifference wears away, probably would be something fun to show your kid, when you have them, and they get interested in the sport.

So, how do you do the rings? Anyone who appeared in at least one varsity game at any point in the season gets one? That's how MLB does WS rings. One At Bat or one batter faced and you get one.

Varsity baseball? That's interesting. Obviously anyone on the roster all season, from Opening Day to the Championship game, should get one - regardless if they played every game or just warmed up the left fielder all year at the start of innings. But, what about JV players who made token appearances at some point?

If you called up a JV kid for insurance for a varsity game because you knew a varsity player was not going to be able to play, does he get a ring? How about swing players between JV and Varsity? Do they get rings? Even if they only played twice as a PR in the last inning of blowouts?

I suppose a coach, or whoever is deciding, gives them to most rather than get flack later. But, how would you handle it?