Skip to main content

Reply to "HS state playoffs and AAU tournament"

@RJM posted:

First, a player shouldn’t play for another team until his high school season is over. If I was coach and the player got injured I would be steamed.

Second, my kids are 29 and 34 now. Rules may have changed. But when they were in high school in PA there were a couple of Team USA athletes at our high school. They had to get PIAA waivers to play with Team USA while their seasons in that sport were active.

@RJM  I fully agree.   Although, not the same circumstances.  My son's team made it to the state championship, the game was scheduled for Saturday, which coincided with a Senior day getaway.

Anyway, due to rain the game was postponed until Sunday, our lefty junk ball pitcher, who was normally our stop gap between 2 RHPSs went to the beach and sprained his ankle, thus he was not available to pitch.

What made it worse, he was a JUNIOR.

We lost the game 4 - 2 because the opposing team was batting for the 3rd time against our starting pitcher and was able to score 3.

BOTTOM LINE, DURING THE HIGH SCHOOL Season you owe it to you team to stay committed and DON'T GET HURT DOING STUPID STUFF