Skip to main content

Reply to "HS strength class"

Giving my son as example for this. Your mileage may vary, but may give you ideas  

He had taken weight training as one of his 7 classes all 3 years (ignoring COVID). Football team has weight training before school if I recall correctly. So all the weight training classes IN school are comprised of the rest of the athletes.  The V baseball coach operates at least two of the classes All the baseball players try to get in one of the two classes he teaches.

He’s also worked with an incredible trainer during the summer and, at times, after school during the fall (also during the C19 digital learning period). The work he does with him is what guides all of his strength training.

He has, through discussions with his teacher/coach and proven responsibility, been able to follow a path at school weight class that works for him. Several other students have as well.

I think you should first find out from the upperclass  baseball players in your school what they have done, what their experience is, and what they recommend. Their experience may be like my son’s, or it may be a lot more strict in terms of “my way or the highway”. Or they may even have specific programming for baseball players.

But if you are able to follow your own path, you definitely need a proven one that can work for you. That’s where the summer work with this outside coach will help.