Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Survey"

OB1 posted:
2019Lefty21 posted:

Wow 119 pitch count with only 3 days rest...I was wrong there is someone with worse rules than WV 110 3 days! Why even have a rule If a kid can throw that many pitches 2x in a week?

This is only TN 2nd year and the rule was tightened up over its first year. They’re working to make it right. 

it Was tough last year to work through it, particularly because somehow our entire schedule was double headers. i made our schedule this year  so I was able to space games in such a way that did not kill my pitching rotation. My only concern this year is a stretch of district games that were preset, I have 6 games in 9 days and I only have 5 pitchers and 4 potentials that I’m working on.  

I know several small schools in TN ended up forfieting games last year because the did not have enough pitchers to play the games schedualed. I agree with having a pitch count rule but they are going to have to put a limit on games as the next step and maybe that rule is a sliding rule depending on your classification. 

I don't understand the rationale of a sliding scale for smaller schools.  It's a health/injury protection rule.  Why would a player at a smaller school not deserve the same protection as any other school in that regard?  

I totally get the challenges of small schools.  But there are at least 11-12 on any roster.  Just teach two more kids to throw strikes.  And, as you said, schedule games appropriately.

Apologies for veering off topic on this thread.

Last edited by cabbagedad