Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Tryout Sabotage"

quote:
This does not sound like sabotage, but a kid who can't get the ball over the plate. What will happen will happen and thinking beyond this is an exercise in futility...

Even though there's a good chance the kid couldn't throw a strike, don't ignore sabotage. My son had a similar situation in his freshman year tryouts with another freshman who partnered up with him in some sort of throwing drills where the kid was throwing the ball in an off spot where my son had to make the catch out of position or something like that. Reason I even knew about what happened was I asked him how tryouts were going and he told me what this kid did which ticked him off because he was trying to take care of business, do the right things while this player had other ideas.

I do believe that there are wiseguys at these tryouts who might try and pull some stunt and do it in a way where it looks like the other player messed up. Both my son and he were trying out as OF'ers so they were in direct competition.

Kids are sneaky. They might not be all that slick however.

In the end, this player got cut in those tryouts and never went out for the team again.
Last edited by zombywoof