Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Tryout time"

I thought I would be able to relax a little this year, but NOOOOooooooooo. Last year my oldest was a freshman trying to make a team loaded with returning Jrs and Srs, but he managed to squeeze in there and ended up with the #2 mound spot.
Though he's assured of making the team again (Coach has said it's up to him as the #1 starter this season), I find I am just as nervous as ever. I don't know why.
Maybe it doesn't ever go away!! Once your boy reaches the high school varsity level, then you start worrying down the road - will he be wanted by any colleges? It seems there will always be something to be nervous or unsure about. It always helps me, personally, to recall the words of Jerry Ford (PGStaff) who is often quoted as saying there are many more things more important than baseball. If Jerry can say it, I can believe it. It does help relax me - I think about future college classes, clubs, dances he'll talk about, wedding days, all that stuff. It does help keep things in perspective. Relax and enjoy. Whatever will be will be.