Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Varsity Jackets"

Francis7 posted:

I can tell you this – if I go to our local diner on a Friday night, it’s packed with HS kids.  And, a lot of them are wearing their Varsity jackets.  And, I’ve seen this on the weekends in neighboring towns if we go out for a bite to eat somewhere.  So, kids are wearing them – at least around by me.  Personally, I think the Jackets are a lot like the school rings and yearbooks.  The kids will say they don’t want it.  And, for sure, they won’t touch it once they graduate.  But, you don’t want to be the one not to get it when everyone else is doing it.  And, therefore, you get it.  On our current Varsity baseball team, we only have 3 kids who are returning.  And, two of the three have varsity jackets.  (The other one was a transfer in last year.  So, maybe he was waiting to see if he was going to stick around?)  There’s probably going to be around 13 first time varsity baseball players on the team this spring.  And, knowing a lot of the parents, I would bet that many of them are going to be spring for the jackets.

Do the waitresses at Al’s serve on roller skates?