Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Varsity Jackets"

Chico Escuela posted:

When I was in HS, letter jackets were very popular (so were quill pens and whale oil lamps... I am old).  My oldest graduated a couple of years ago and I never saw a letter jacket during her years in school.  She played multiple sports, but just put her letters on a corkboard did not mention doing anything else with them.  My son is a 2020 and shocked me this fall by asking to order a letter jacket (same HS as his sister, only a couple of years younger than she is).  I didn't even know the school offered them, but apparently the jackets are starting to come back in style here.  You order online--the seller contacts the school to verify that you lettered.  School just hands out letters (and bars for additional years on varsity).  The price was pretty reasonable and the jacket looks good.  Son hardly ever wears a coat (ah, to be young again); but when he does, the letter jacket is his go-to.

I think they are starting to come back around.  You made a good point about not wearing a coat. Hoodies replaced jackets and coats around here since my kid was in elementary school.