Skip to main content

Reply to "Hurricane Irma"

Good for you Coach! It's stories like this that restores my faith in humanity!  FWIW, sons gf lives in a very exclusive neighborhood in Boca Raton, she just got power back yesterday. We were lucky, I lie on a grid that encompasses a hospital and two fire stations, we never lost power. BTW, we are FPL, they are reimbursing for lost food. Not sure if where you are is doing the same thing.

I saw a post on FB, from a wife of an out of state line man who came to FL to help. He slept in a place for two nights without power, and has been working 10 hour days in 100 degree heat. He told her that people stop and literally curse him out over not having power, yet there are others stopping to give them cold water and food.  

We got some water damage by our front door and hallway, and we were unable to open the front door. Took 3 men to do so. They came here Friday to fix.  The worst part in all of this is that I hurt my back, although better I have not been able to get up and go as much as I wish. Serves me right for picking up those water bottle cases!!!! 

My heart goes out to those who lost their homes, and so happy that here in Florida, people got out of the areas that flooded.

However, we do have more storms on their way.

Last edited by TPM