Skip to main content

Reply to "Is something wrong with my son? I feel like I'm missing something"

Let me add something to this thread.   I mentioned in an earlier post that coaches are not recruiting as many  high school players due to transfer portal.   I spoke with my son's travel coach a couple of weeks ago, and he shared with me that he had a conversation with a head baseball coach at a Mid level D1 school that was recruiting my son and then after four weeks of recruitment ghosted him.   The travel coach called them to see what was up with that, and the head coach told him that they didn't want to fill up all of their spots with high school commitments, and then be in a position to get someone out of the transfer portal and not have room.    He told the travel coach that they had intended to circle back around to my son if they didn't find anything in the portal, but he has now already committed to another school. 

I suspect that by the end of summer when the Transfer portal carousel stops, that there will be a lot of D1 schools that just didn't find anything in the Transfer portal that they liked.   Thus they will resume filling their roster with high school recruits.   I don't think that the window for 2024 has closed.   I anticipate that there will be a lot of 2024 kids that get offers at the end of July and August when these D1 schools don't find what they want in the transfer portal.