Skip to main content

Reply to "I guess it DOES just mean more..."

@old_school posted:

ah when a stats / analytics person attempts to communicate with an executive level person you get conversations like the above. Good times for all.

My undergrad degree was in Econ with a concentration in Quantitative Analytics. I chose it as a major because math was easy for me. As an executive I found there’s a time for analytics and a time when they divert far off on a tangent from the original conversation.

Statistics can also be used to make any argument you want. In this case arguing percentage wise D3 and D1 ball budget the same gives the appearance they’re the same thing. They’re definitely not. When the percentages scale to size it demonstrates D3 and D1 are two completely different environments.

In my original post what I was pointing out is the Texas A&M coach is paid more than six times Bowdoin’s entire budget. It demonstrates the difference in programs.

Also Schlossnagel has a job as long as he wins big. The Bowdoin coach has a job as long as he doesn’t embarrass the college. It wasn’t even a paid position until 2010. At one point the Bowdoin football coach and the baseball coach were the same guy plus he had a full time job.