Skip to main content

Reply to "I keep inquiring with you guys..........."

quote:
Way back I asked about the FREAK, the Stanford noodlehead who gets both done, usually a pitcher because they are 1/5 players. He gotsa great grades, and can forego 4 tools as long as he can pitch.

What about the other 8 guys out there?? Hey kids..........you want to ascertain your college degree while these other guys are taking your spot?

I hope this ruffles feathers. Just a reminder there are more hills and mountains out there, and that 3 years of college guarantees absolutely NADA.

OS8 - let these negative feelings leave your system, it will only shorten your life imho. Be happy your son has signed and enjoy whatever else happens as gravy - re: draft.

We have many parents on this site whose sons attend Stanford, pitch, and are not going to appreciate those characterizations imho. These players are great athletes in their own right and were often the best position players (other than pitchers) in their respective states along with being great pitchers. Also, the most important tool any player has is his brain thus, Stanford players have a distinct advantage over most.

Finally, the college player is at a distinct advantage imho. After 3 years, they have an option which the pro player out of hs (at least to that point in their careers) does not.
Last edited by ClevelandDad