Skip to main content

Reply to "I'm so glad I had my son skip.."

His HS feeder team (in Florida) is made up of kids I would guess are AA-type 14u players, with an exception or two. Being a 12u major player, and a good one to boot, it's not that hard to play beside them talent wise, although he's clearly not as strong.

He's doing well. He's gotten over the hardest part of being accepted by his peers.. they have all played together for years in Little League where he just waltzed in and took a spot which benched a player who normally played more. He's earned his respect by working hard right beside them. There was more parental anxiety than player issues.

I got the video of his tryout and his pop throws skipped on the clay about 5' from the bag. Looked farther from the stands. He can make the throw with an arch but we have him skip the ball off the dirt so he maintains his throws on a line.

As for one person's question about him being able to complete with elite 14u kids, OMG no.. I wouldn't have him out there if this was a 14u major Florida team. He's played with some of the better 13u major kids and that's about where the true separation beings. He guest plays with a 13u AAA travel ball team and he hangs pretty easy in those tournaments.