Skip to main content

Reply to "I Should Have Quit This Morning: Adventures in Minor League Baseball"

YES!  It was given to me by my son's GF mother.   The author had two son's get drafted out of Stanford.

But, it is mostly told/quoted from the actual players, on how the minor leagues really are.

I would say that I knew pretty much all of it, but it was good to have it confirmed.  Plus, those players really have some stories to tell!

What struck me the most, and it played out this year on my son's team, that I always thought that AAA was a promotion from AA ball.  Not so.  Half the team has already played in MLB so for them it is a demotion.  So, those that are promoted to the team are so excited to be there....until they meet the grumpy players from MLB.   

The title doesn't really do it justice....it was just a quote from the author's son.  Plus, Stanford has TONS of money and I am sure the baseball facilities are top notch and that is what those players are used to having.  So when those players drafted out of Stanford complain about awful hotels, long bus rides, blah blah blah in milb....well, my son was used to that in college lol.

Last edited by keewart