Skip to main content

Reply to "I95 Metro Baseball Showcase Stadium Series"

I hate to say anything negative about any showcase, but this was the worst experience of all the Showball and Headfirst and the like we have attended over 3 years. It was a total sh*t show and so much standing around it was comical.  You pay for a 2-day event and it's really a 1 day (barely) event spread annoyingly over 2 days!  We lived an hour away so were not paying for flights, rental car, and a hotel.  So, it was still a huge rip-off for us.  I cannot imagine those who paid $$$ were overjoyed.  The first day, we arrive at 7:30 to check-in.  Morning is just the measurables.  There were soooo may players it was very diluted. True, there were a ton of coaches there. But, may were not paying any attention and socializing.  We were done at noon and sent home so the afternoon group could do theirs.  Then we were the 2nd "game the next day and it was 22 inning!!!!  There were 50 kids in each dugout!  The coaches had been there since 8 am and we finished at 7:30 pm. No one cared, the kids and coaches lost all interest.  The high energy many running it with the microphone was eager to tell all this was a showcase for the coaches.  The coaches ran the show.  After it was over, my son wanted to shake some coaches hands.  Well, the coaches bolted for the bullpen to collect their checks (checks!!) and were in their cars and gone before we made it to our car.  One of the best things about other, better run showcases is the interaction between the kids and coaches.  Them playing the modified games which I used to hate.  But after this 22 inning debacle when my son got 3 innings in the field and 4 ABs, I can't imagine how you stand out.  We did get some emails after.  But, nothing like headfirst and Showball.  The $$ grab has to stop.  A good product is more important.  And the price has to support what you get.  Gove me 2 days, for god's sake!!  And more than 1 22 inning game!!  Other give you 2-3 games!  Buyer beware.