Skip to main content

Reply to "Identfying a "right" college"

joemktg posted:

auto Golden Post

Second that motion from joemktg

Also I totally agree with TPM that college baseball recruiting has changed a lot over the years.  It is more difficult now, however Gooseggs' principles & point hold up over time.  If my oldest son were in the same position 7 years later there is very little doubt in my mind that he would make the same selection based on everything Goosegg pointed out.  Whether or not those same options would be there 7 years later is another matter, but everything being equal there is no doubt he would go in the same direction knowing what he knew then and knows now.  And this gets to exactly what BrianTRC is suggesting in looking at that "final product" after 4 years.  Does the program help your son achieve his potential as a student, athlete and young man?  If I was a recruit (today) making an unofficial or official visit to a potential college, I'm going to pepper the seniors with questions that get to the heart of BrianTRC's point about "final product".   Seniors have been through the college baseball gauntlet.  I'd ask the seniors how the coaches helped you reach your potential, and then listen very closely to the response.

This a great post by Goosegg and thread by everyone.

Last edited by fenwaysouth