Skip to main content

Reply to "Identifying teen players who will go far"

quote:
Originally posted by RJM:
quote:
I understand the equal talent thing. Don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand how/why it usually works that way.
The bigger kid will preceived to have more physical development upside and therefore bigger and stronger.

"do you think if a kid is super talented, height won't be much of an issue,"

This depends how you define talent. Some people make the mistake of thinking it's about stats. Stats are variable based on the level of competition. Talent is judged by tools and their upside potential. If the talent exists there's a place for the player to play regardless of size

"If the talent exists there's a place for the player to play regardless of size"

Thankyou, that is ultimately what I wanted to know. As I said before, I do understand the equal talent thing. What I don't necessarily agree with is that the bigger kid is necessarily more developed or stronger, but, the bigger kid is definitely bigger! Of course the bigger guy will, as you say, be perceived as being the stronger one, just don't nessarily think that he is. I guess it's good to be extra tall though! Roll Eyes