Skip to main content

Reply to "Idiot Coaches..."

quote:
Yesterday I witnessed something I'd like to Address. An opposing pitcher 14u threw 102 pitches..... in 4 innings. I was beside myself. What the hell is wrong with this Coach, if you want to call him that.Is winning a game that important to some people that they would have someone throw that much in such a short period of time.They were winning then he gave up the lead just in time for the Coach to yank him so he could take the loss.... What a freakin idiot.

This kid has serious potential and his Coach is wearing him out in my opinion. What are your thoughts on this. Thx

It makes me sick to my stomach when coaches let their ego get in the way of a kids development. At this age, it's about the kids learning the game and progressing and not about winning a trophy on Sunday. And we wonder why so many young pitchers these days are having serious arm problems while still in high school. It's a crying shame and if any of you coaches that would do something like what we're discussing, you need to take a serious step back and see why you are coaching. Is it for you or for the kids?