Skip to main content

Reply to "If an incoming junior opts for a gap year, does he retain the three years of eligibility granted by the NCAA during this C19 time?"

Yes, I imagine we’ll find out in the next week or so once the Ivy announces today. Other schools are following the reduced on-campus presence as well. This is to ensure adequate housing for quarantining should it become necessary.

Not sure whether schools will allow athletes to choose when they attend but it makes sense to select the term that most closely matches your sport. Of course that means less “off-season” work (like Fall baseball workouts). I suppose if Ivy announces the cancellation of Fall sports today then football and other Fall sports athletes have no need to be on campus unless they really require in-person learning!  But then I’d guess you’d want to give priority to Spring athletes being on campus next Spring as it would make sense to have Fall sports athletes on campus in the Fall to allow room for Spring sport athletes in the Spring!

So much confusion!!!