Skip to main content

Reply to "If you could do it all over again, would you make the same decision twice"

quote:
Originally posted by LLorton:
TPM

A sense frustration in your words and some disappointment in the outcome you've experienced with the way things have turned out and as a justification to assure yourself that your decisions and that of your son's you expect me to assuage your doubt.

What?
There's been some bumps in the road, but in son's case things have turned out pretty well for him. He's been lucky in achieving many of his goals. Whether he gets there or not, will not make or break who he is. It's been frustrating, but I wouldn't consider it a "train wreck". Your statement about keeping your son in football (wasn't it his choice) may show your frustration.

BTW, what happened to Clemens and Bonds was largely brought about by their own doing. There are many players who have enjoyed and reaped the benefits of success without putting needles in their butts for more money. As far as Manny, you have to put him on a shelve all by himself, not sure if he really cares about the fame or the money as much as we think he might.

As I stated (in case you didn't see it) college plus baseball is not an easy task. Somehow my son managed to play baseball and go to college both at the same time and do very well. He finds baseball on the pro level to be a whole different challenge with a whole different set of rules. It is not easier.