Skip to main content

Reply to "If you were the Commish"

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19:
quote:
All postseason night games start no later than 7:00pm on the east coast. Tape delay it on the west coast except maybe in the town of a participating team. If baseball wants kids to be fans they need to be able to watch the games.

Why not "tape delay" it from the night before for those on the east coast? It aint' all about the east coast..
First you are wrong. A lot of business decisions are all about the east coast. I recognize this even having lived twenty years of my life on the west coast. Almost half the population of the country lives in the eastern time zone. That's half the kids in the US. Half the kids in the US can't stay up to watch the games. The kids are the future of the game. That's my point.

Tape delaying it to the next night is absurd. No one is going to go 24 hours without hearing who won. People on the west coast can avoid hearing the game commuting home from work.

I remember when MNF football tried a one hour tape delay on the west coast for a season except in the city of a participating team. There weren't any repercussions. I never saw any articles complaining about it. The game still came on at 6pm just like when it was live starting at 9pm.
Last edited by RJM