Skip to main content

Reply to "IHSA ... What!!!!!!!!!!"

ball..valid points, yes. but tell me this..."if" this whole thing were to go down and "if" most of the best players chose to play travel ball...let's say a scout comes out to watch one of those top level players who chose to play with his high school, and let's say the kid was 5-5, 2 doubles 5 rbi against second tier players from the other school. now, is that an accurate showing of his ability? or would a scout/coach be more impressed if he did that against a Norwood, Top Tier, Lombard, UD, or some team from Florida?? sure, he will see his coachability..but there are a lot of players out there that are coachable, some are just not as talented as the others. of course a coach can see how the player handles himself, his mechanics and so on...but is he talented enough to play against top competition?

again we can argue til we are blue in the face, the fact that the IHSA has proposed this idea will, and already has, cause a lot of controversy. am i for the change? NO. do i see potential problems down the line? YES. do i think the change will ever happen? NO.