Skip to main content

Reply to "IHSA ... What!!!!!!!!!!"

MLB22, I will only comment on what I do because you asked me too. I am not here to wag my own tail. I do it for the kids and not for the recognition froma a parent or a web site. It is the fundamental reason I got into teachiing. I send over a 100 letters out a year to all levels of college. I put the same emphasis on a kid who is a d3 prospect as I do a kid who is a d1 prospect. This is a daily routine for me. I place phone calls to coaches for my kids on a daily basis. I also talk to schools about other kids that I have seen and I am sure play the game like it is supposed to be played. If I come across a kid who has a passion and work ethic for the game I will pass their name along just as I would my own kids. last summer I called the university of Minnesota about two kids I coached in the Jack Kaiser all star game. Anetsburger and perniar. They already had perniar (sp) on their watch list from the stevenson or area code showcase. But, I felt these kids were legitmate players who could help a program. My summer is filled with my own team and volunteering at the stevenson showcase and with various all star games. Now my question to you..... One of my players has been contacted by what this site regards as the better travel teams about playing this summer. They told him if he plays for them they will make some calls for him to some programs that they have worked with in the past. I am sure they would do this for him at that it might help. But, I bet they won't amke any calls on his behalf if he decides to play elsewhere this summer. Now you tell me that who doesn't have the kids future in mind. Once again, I only say this because you asked. I support all forms of baseball, but don't feed me any BS about politics. You know there is politics in every aspect of both.