Skip to main content

Reply to "IHSA ... What!!!!!!!!!!"

1. The lefty prospect mentioned by ballfan needs experience. i have had this discussion w/ all parties so just to explain.... A kid who gains experience with travel teams vs in house leagues gets about 2-3 times the experience. Over a # of years that factor keeps increasing and eventually will have a pronounced effect on his evaluation by scouts and coaches. If i am a D1 recruiter i can count on certain coaches (HS + Trav.) to have done their job. i may love everything about this guy, may sign him but if he hasn't pitched against lineups that can hurt you from top to bottom and doesn't have the knowledge(built on EXPERIENCE) to deal with getting hit and losing games then he needs a redshirt. Having said that if he go's pro he'll still have to make that particular adjustment at a lower level of pro ball. The guy in question is going to succeed. unless its about $ he should play at the highest level possible as often as he can. pitching especially is relative to the experience factor.. ......as far as travel ball vs high school we simply need a lot more ballfans and a whole lot fewer travel coaches that don't know how to communicate with the HS coaches. i understand that you can add highland park to that lockport list of misguided fellows who would eliminate travel ball from their program. look for the porters and HP to sink slowly if they adhere to such a closed minded approach.