Skip to main content

Reply to "IHSA ... What!!!!!!!!!!"

Ballfan, I am glad to hear the effort you put into promoting your players...Now, doesn't it make you feel proud to be that helpful and part of a young players experience? I wish there were more like you. However, you are in the minority in your efforts as a HS coach. Please continue your ways!!!! That is a POSITIVE story. applaude

Your last point may very well be a valid one regarding the travel team coaches. I wouldn't know and it's a fair question...(travel team coaches care to clarify?) I will say that I am not a HS coach nor a travel team coach. If I saw a kid and thought he had some talent, I'm going to talk about him. I represent an unbiased opinion for each player that wants to play at the college level much like a pro scout would for players at the pro level.
If your player decides not to play for this travel team and plays somewhere else, who's to say that old coach won't talk about him. That is an assumption on your part of that coach. But having heard the stories directly from parents regarding their HS coach telling them if they play in that tournament or attend that showcase or miss any games with me this summer, then you will be benched for games or be possibly cut...is screaming politics. I have even heard players threatened that if you miss a game then don't bother coming out for the spring season. Why should a player every be subject to that?

St. Charles, you are right about coach Hall and what he does. He's another positive story. He's trying to make a difference.
There is no assumption "that HS coaches don't get your kid noticed" because the simple fact of the matter is(as you put it) a large majority don't DO A THING FOR THEIR PLAYERS AND DON'T CARE. Should I now say they suck, so deal with it!!!

Keep it real.
Ballfan, again way to go...your a positive influence!!!