Skip to main content

Reply to "Illegal Pitch"

Piaa did you look at the clip of Craig House? What do you think about his motion?
WRT this kid, if you are making a judgement that it is a balk then you are judging that he is in violation of one of the pitching rules. Which one? If you are still thinking in terms of it not being a continuous motion then, to maintain consistency with your position, you need to show that it is not continous. Where does he stop? This isnt the dark ages anymore. Radar guns, 30 or 60 or 100 frame/sec video is a fact of life, just as are the cameras that MLB is using to monitor the Strike zone and the umpires ability or willingness to call the true strike zone. Now thats the ultimate judgement call, ball/strike and the umps are being held accountable for their judgement. The same standard should be set for anyone calling a balk on a pitcher. Saying I am an experienced ump so that when I say white is black it is just doesnt cut it any more.
So if its a balk show what rule it is in violation of. If its not a continuous motion show me where his motion stops.