Skip to main content

Reply to "Illinois/game finals/stats"

Got Smoked today.Lemont is way out of our league.It is what it is but playing a school 2 1/2 times  ( 602  vs.  1400-1500 ) another schools student head count doesn't seam to fit well. Our team was  way way  better last year.No comparison what so ever to lemont even this year. So even using that squad we would be out classed.Get past the 4-5th guy along with bench players NONE of our kids would even make thier team.In the important games if 2 of our kids couldn't string together back to back hits along with someother way of getting a kid on ahead of them we had problems.Thats how we won thurs. double then a single = 1 run. Now I completly realize the huge disparity between the coaching staffs accounts for alot.Pulling 12 regularly played real baseball players is alot easier when you have the number of kids they have. With this years team we had MAYBE 2 kids that would be able to be 1 of the 12.Along with maybe 2 others that would just be a part of the JV team.The rest would have been done after frosh year at the very best. Please don't think I'm hammering our kids because of todays game.But in the area I live the best baseball in the state is being played. On this years team we have 4 kids that play summer ball.Well really 3 that kid has the talent but wherever he has been playing in the summer should give the kid his money back. Last year we had 8 kids that played summer ball.Our record was misleading.and believe it or not we should have won 2 more games but for whatever the reason pitcher was pulled and we lost.One of the game the kid had a no no thru 4 full.I feel bad for the seniors with that type of a loss.Thier good kids.Well on a good note.The reedcuster kids (Braidwood) won thier sectional championship today.Brad played with the bulk of that team in the summer of 7th grade.Took me a year or so but finally talked a couple of thier kids to come play summer ball with Brad. The 3 kids were the 1st thru 3rd guys pitching.Didn't take long for the north of 55 kids to hang the name  "The country Boys " on them.The name kinda fit liked by all.Good bunch of kids.They have the pitching.They will be playing monday at benedictin in lisle.